Wife U.S. Citizen, is B2 the correct VISA for commuting to the U.S?


If your spouse is a USA citizen or a Green Card Holder, and if you want to travel with him/her or go visit him/her,  you should NOT apply for B1B2 visa. and here is the reason why!

Say, you apply for B1 or B2 visa, when you go for the interview the visa officer will ask you the standard question, What is the Purpose of your Visit ? and Do you have any relatives in USA ?

For B1B2 visa, the Visa officer expects you to have strong family hold in your native country as a proof that you will return. Since your Spouse is a USA citizen of a Green Card holder, There is a very strong possibility that you will stay back in US. and therefore will reject your Visa Application.

However, Since your spouse is in USA or a US citizen or a Green Card holder. There are other categories that you can apply in.

1. K1 as a Fiancee (Works best if your spouse is a GC)

2. GC through immediate relative. (Works best if your spouse is a citizen)


More From My Blog

L1 Visa Fees Increase

USCIS announces possible increase in L1 visa fees The United States L1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows foreign companies to transfer their employees

Once your US visa is rejected, your chances of getting the US Visa approved reduces. It is best to get professional help to make sure you are giving your best the FIRST time !

Open chat
Whatsapp Us Now
Hello ..Can we help you ?