Nikhil- (guest from Mumbai ) 07/18/2011 05:00:14 AM
This website is extremely helpful website. It helped me a lot to prepare for B1 VISA preparation.
That’s encouraged me to write comments which may be helpful to the persons who are appearing for B1.
My interview was scheduled at 11:30 AM on 5th July 2011 in Mumbai office. I reached at consulate office at around 11:00 AM. I completed all the formalities such as security check, finger prints etc. I got the token which consists of 3 digit number. The consulate announced my number and I appeared for the interview to the respective window and interview starts.
Questions asked to me by US consulate:
First he asked me to provide the token. Then he asked the following questions:
1. Why are you going to US?
2. What do you mean by Subject matter expert?
3. Which system you are talking about? How it works?
4. What is your company’s name?
5. What is the employee strength of your company?
6. Are you going for Business Visit?
7. How long are you going?
8. Why 4 weeks?
9. I don’t think 4 weeks are required for business discussions. 4 weeks are too much. Why don’t you complete it within 1-2 weeks?
10. What type of discussions are you going to do there?
11. Can you please explain what is special in your system that requires 4 weeks to discuss?
12. What is your designation?
13. Do you have invitation letter? Please give me that letter.
14. Where are you going in US?
15. Are you going repetitively for business meetings in US?
16. Have you ever had any business meetings in US?
17. What you are currently doing in your company? What is your role?
18. How many years you’re working with this company?
Finally I received the consulate’s reply: Your VISA is approved and you will get your passport within 2-3 days at your mailing address.
Tips: Please dress well. Go in formals (Tie is not required). Behave simple. Please reply to all the questions very politely and calmly. Please make proper eye contact. Don’t be rude. Be honest and firm with your answers. Don’t be over smart. Don’t take it casually and the most important thing is be CONFIDENT. Make your mind such as what if my VISA gets rejected. So be relaxed, take deep breath before appearing for VISA and confidently appear for the interview.
Wish you all the Best!!